Disability Protection

Learn what happens if you become disabled and are unable to work

Disability and Wage Loss Benefits

If you receive wage loss benefits through WorkSafe BC, CPP, or your long-term disability plan, you will continue to earn pension credits under the Plan. Your employer will report your deemed earnings to the Plan during the period of your disability; no employer or employee contributions are required nor permitted while you receive wage loss benefits. 

If you received Employment Insurance (EI) sickness benefits, the Plan will deem your earnings up to the maximum number of weeks under the Canadian Employment Insurance benefits regulations. You must notify the Plan administrator and provide a copy of your EI benefits statement showing your eligibility.

Pension Calculator

Estimate your future pension and review your personal information